Last Updated on December 31, 2020
Is your van picking up dirt like crazy, is your normal household vacuum just not cutting it anymore? Has your old van vacuum given up?
No problem, we have got you.
Right here, we will be looking at what is the best option for you, whether you have a small van, big van, or need something to give your van, car, and house a good and thorough cleaning.
Whether you are looking for cordless or corded, big or small, industrial or home-based, we have a bit of everything that will help you make the decision on what is the best for you to clean your van.
Maybe you want something that will give you back that sweet, sweet new van smell.
There’s a lot to consider when you’re buying a vacuum for your van, what your floor materials are, what you transport in your van, who is in it, will it have to clean up after naughty kids throwing potato chips and candies?
Sound a bit overwhelming? No worries. Let us talk you through this so you make the best decision for you and your van.
What is the best vacuum cleaner for vans?
In A Dire Cleaning Crisis?
Are you in a dirt emergency? Facing a heavy spill or some debris that your household vacuum just cannot reach? No worries, we will help you make a fast, speedy, and right choice with your next van vacuum.
Whether your pet has shed fur all over your van upholstery, if your kid has burst a bag of potato chips in the passenger seat, or if materials you have been transporting have left a messy residue in the back.
We will make sure that the vacuum you buy to help you clean this up is the best one for both you and your van, so you can get rid of that mess quickly.
For this, we recommend our top pick, the Black and Decker Dustbuster, this product is outstanding, the perfect vacuum for you if you need something for a long trip, just in case. Powered by lithium batteries it will be sure to have a long lasting life.
And don’t forget its fantastic cyclonic action filtration system that keeps it separating large and small debris particles, so you don’t have to worry about it jamming up or any issues. Sounds great, right? Here are a few more things about this vacuum for you to consider;
For our top pick, we have chosen the Black and Decker Dustbuster. This vacuum is very powerful, using battery power rather than cords for multipurpose uses.
It is powered by lithium ion batteries that extend its life, meaning you won’t have to keep stopping your cleaning to pop in some new batteries.
This lightweight vacuum has a suction power of 15.2AW and has a dustbowl capacity of 20.6 ounces. With smart-charge technology, it uses up to 50% less energy than its competitors. It uses air watts at 15.2Watts with 16 Volts.
It has a cyclonic action filter that helps keep the filter clean and the power strong. This feature means that it separates large debris particles from smaller debris particles, so the filtration system doesn’t get overwhelmed, saving you from any needless hassle.
It also has a translucent, bagless dirt bowl so it is easy to see what dirt you have picked up and makes it even easier to clean. It is extra easy charging with a charging base that gets it up to full power in only 4 hours.
Even better, it retains fade free power, so it can hold a charge for 18 months without being on the charger! Its hands free and cordless make this device the perfect one to keep in your van for cleaning and you don’t even need to worry about charging or cables! Outstanding!
- Battery powered.
- Cyclonic action protects the filtration system.
- Lightweight at only 2.6lbs.
- Can last 18 months when off the charger.
- No HEPA filtration
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready holds a charge for upto 18 months
- Long life, Lightweight, and no memory effect.Suction Power 15.2 AW; Dustbowl Capacity: 20.6 ounces
- Smart Charge Technology uses upto 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
- Cyclonic action helps to keep the filter clean and power strong, translucent bagless dirt bowl easy to see dirt and empty
- Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications, removable, washable bowl and filters for thorough cleaning
Welcome to professional cleaning with the Cherylon Portable Car vacuum, in second place. This vacuum has a powerful motor at 150-Watts and runs at 32000 rounds per minute and cleans, dust, hair and other debris.
This vacuum resides in second place as it lacks the portability of being cordless. Though, it does have a 16.4ft extension power cord and a variety of extension pipes to reach every spot in your van, car or even house.
It has a compact structure and good sealing which will prevent you from breathing in any dust and also prevents any garbage from leaking out.
What makes this even better is that when you purchase it comes with; the vacuum itself, a long tube, a slot pipette, an extended hose, a brush nozzle, a cleaning brush and a handy carrying bag to make your cleaning and van care a walk in the park.
With this vacuum being so high-tech, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind should you decide that this is your vacuum knight in shining armor.
It is DC122V input only and with its vehicle input, the car uses need to be above 15A. It is also recommended to clean this regularly.
It weighs in at 1.7lbs and features HEPA filter materials as well as 7500 PA suction. Powerful stuff! It is wise to keep in mind that this vacuum is best for well-maintained vehicles, if your van is super messy or if you often have fluffy animals riding in it, then this vacuum may not be best for you.
- Made for vehicles.
- 150W strong motor.
- HEPA filter material.
- Best for well-maintained vehicles only.
- A Professional Deep Cleaning Vehicle Tool. Use the car vacuum to save your time and money to get professional cleaning results every time.
- Strong Suction. 150W powerful motor, RPM up to 32000 Rounds/Min. The car vacuum provides strong suction to clear your car of dust, hair and other debris easily.
- Multi-angle And Long Distance Extension. It comes with a 16.4 foot power cord and a variety of extension pipes to reach every spot of your car.
- Compact Structure And Good Sealing. Prevent inhalation of dust and other garbage from leaking out to cause secondary cleaning.
- What You Get. Vacuum cleaner, Long tube, Slot pipette, Extended hose, Brush nozzle, Cleaning brush, Carrying bag. 24-Month full support.
Next up, in third place, we have the Bissell 3624 Spotclean. This is a fantastic and very professional option.
In our opinion, this vacuum is best if you are using your van for a company, or your own independent business, as it is very hardy and industry standard to keep your whole life clean.
It is also very useful if you often get pets in your van, with long hair or who make tough to remove stains.
This vacuum is suitable for all materials, carpets, auto interiors and more. It makes use of a superior suction and scrubbing action that removes the most stubborn stains including; pet stains, embedded dirt, and much, much more.
Not only that but it gives a deep clean that looks professional and permanently removes all tough-to-get messes and protects you from future stains with powerful stain protection.
It also includes a 6” stair tool, should you decide to make use of its multipurpose design and give your house a clean, once you’ve cleaned your van. It also has a 3” stain tool with cleans, scrubs, and suctions away the toughest stains.
It is a bit heavier than our first and second choice, at 13lbs, but makes up for it in its 96-ounce tank capacity and its 20ft cord.
We set this vacuum at number three due to the limitations of corded products when cleaning any automobile. But we can’t help but love its long cord and powerful clean.
- Superior stain removal capabilities.
- Suitability for all materials.
- 96-ounce tank capacity.
- Protection from future stains.
- Most expensive, but worth it for what you get.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Our most powerful portable spot and stain cleaner for carpets, stairs, upholstery, auto interiors, and more.
- Combines superior suction, scrubbing action and professional cleaning solution to remove stubborn pet stains, embedded dirt and more.
- Provides a deep clean that leaves you with professional-style results.
- Permanently removes tough messes and protects from future stains with the power of stain protect.
What about something multipurpose? You’re in the right place. This vacuum is perfect if your van gets pet hair, cigarette ashes, dust, dirt, liquid spills and more.
Much like our top pick, the Orfeld Handheld vacuum is battery operated by 4 2200mAh lithium batteries. It charges up in 4 hours and has up to 30 minutes working time.
It holds a powerful 80-Watt motor at 14.8 Volts. Much like our top pick once more, it also has a vertical cyclonic fade-free suction above 7,000 PA.
It will suck up anything you need it too, generic dirt, pet hair and it even has a fantastic rubber jar attachment with a non-woven filter made for wet vacuuming. It is so great that you could easily, without any trouble, suck up 100ml of milk through it!
Weighing in at only 2lbs, this vacuum is ultra-light enabling easy one-hand use, you can vacuum with one hand and do jazz-hands with the other.
It has versatile attachments including; flat and brush tools are hair/fur, carpets, car/ van upholstery, keyboards, seats and more, a crevice nozzle for the extra difficult corners and crevices, and don’t forget its rubber jar to suck up those liquid spills.
A fantastic multipurpose vacuum for all situations. Even producing very low noise and its rubber jar taking up to 0.5L of liquids.
- Cleans liquids as well as solids.
- Versatile attachments.
- Battery operated.
- Reported that the dirt chamber can clog.
- 【Vertical Cyclonic Suction】ORFELD Handheld Vacuum utilizes a 80W powerful motor, produces vertical cyclonic fade-free suction above 7Kpa, easily vacuum pet hair, cigarette ashes, small particles, liquids, clean all the corners of your home and car. ORFELD Handheld Vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice for both home & car!
- 【Wet & Dry Handheld Vacuum】Most of handheld vacuum only can be used in dry surface, ORFELD Cordless handheld Vacuum is durable use in wet & dry conditions. The rubber jar attachment and non-woven filter is especially designed for wet vacuum, easily suck 100ml milk every time. No worry about liquids and dead corners!
- 【Longer Running Time & Multiple Protections】With real 4 x 2200mAh high capacity Japan lithium battery, ORFELD 14.8V cordless handheld vacuum can be fully charged in 4h with tested up to 30mins working time. Besides, SBPM Lithium Tech provides independent battery protection and management PCB ensures up to 500 cycles, which is 3 times than other brands.
- 【Lightweight & Versatile attachments】Upgrade ABS material creates 2lbs Ultra light , enables easy one hand operation with equipped versatile attachments for thoroughly cleaning. The flat suction and brush tool are suitable for pet hair, carpets, keyboards, car, stairs, sofa, etc. The crevice nozzle is long enough for hard to reach areas and rubber jar is designed for liquids like coke and milk. One portable handheld vacuum used for multi-purpose!
- 【GS Certificated & Worry-free warranty】 ORFELD handheld vacuum meets the safety and health requirements of GS from TUV(one of the famous cert body in the world), plus 1 year warranty and 7 x 24h customer service, LUYYF is always stand behind our products and provide best after sales service. Purchase with no worries!
In last place, we have a brand that we are sure you have all likely heard of. The Dirt Devil Scorpion.
It comes with an integrated quick flip crevice for detailed cleaning by its 7A motor.
Despite it’s amazing cleaning abilities we put it into fifth and final place due to its 16ft power cord, and it’s need of a power inverter to convert DC to AC, as it does not come with a vehicle plug, although there is a cordless version of this exact device.
The Dirt Devil Scorpion had a 0.45L dirt cup, a 2.5ft detachable hose, good for every mess from sand to pebbles, sweeping up everything in its path. Its flip-down features make it easy as breathing to give those hard-to-reach areas a good cleaning.
Weighing in at 3lbs, it has a removable rinse filter, is easy to empty and easy to wash. This is one versatile vacuum with its handy hose attachment. It’s got such a great reputation for its filter quality we’ve even heard rumors of filters from this vacuum lasting up to 15 years!
- Outstanding filter life and cleaning.
- Gets those hard-to-reach areas.
- Hose attachment included.
- Good for all messes.
- No HEPA filters.
- Integrated quick flip crevice tool for detail cleaning
- 7 AMP motor
- Quick-release 16 foot power cord
- Bagless design
- Lightweight and easy to carry
Best Vacuum Cleaner For Van Buyers Guide
So, now you have seen our five top picks, found your favorite? If you’re still not sure which one best suits you then you’re in the right place.
Let us talk over with you what you should consider before making this purchase.
Think about your van, what will it need and what will you need from a vacuum to make your van look like it’s brand new.
Let us talk you through it.
If you don’t know what a HEPA filter is, why they’re useful and why some buyers stay away from vacuums without them, then this section is for you.
A HEPA filter or ‘High-Efficiency Particulate Air’ filter is a filter that traps even the tiniest, most microscopic particles. It is the most efficient and best filtration system you can have on your vacuum and is worth having for the utmost outstanding clean.
Depending on how deep of a clean you are looking for will dictate if you need a vacuum that has a HEPA filter. It is a good idea to remember that HEPA filters also need replacing often and can be rather pricey.
Bagged or Bagless?
Most small, handheld vacuums will not have a bag, but there is the odd one or two which will, and also, depending on the size and need of your van, you may wish to invest in a larger vacuum, which may be bagged.
Lets see what the difference is. Bagless models can be more hassle as you will avoid the need to buy bags,but you do need to empty the canister and perform more maintenance on them.
If the cup is full or the filter isn’t clean, it can lower the performance, so it is a bit of a maintenance issue.
On the other hand bagged models are cleaner as you do not need to interact with the dirt but obviously you face the hassle of bag purchasing.
But, bags are recommended for people who have allergies, as it stops you having to come into any contact with the contents of your after clean.
Weight & Size
If you are looking for a van vacuum, it’s safe to assume that you will likely be needing something fairly portable and easy to get around.
You probably don’t want to be dragging around a 20lb vacuum every time you need to give your van a clean. This is why handheld devices are very useful and why many of them will come with attachments that made cleaning areas like this much more useful.
If you are looking for a vacuum that is going to get the little, irritating, hard to get spots in your van then a handheld vacuum cleaner is a great choice for you, they usually weigh below 5lbs and make cleaning a breeze.
But, if you need something bigger for cleaning all over your van, or if you have a big van that needs high maintenance, you may want to invest in something a little heavier but more industrial, such as the Bissell 3624 Spotclean.
Wet & Dry
This is the part where you need to think about what you will need to clean up. Are there likely to be spills in your van? If so, wouldn’t it make it easier if your vacuum could get those spills so you don’t have to pull out a mop?
If you think this would make your day-to-day life easier then it is wise to invest in a wet and dry cleaning vacuum, such as the Orfeld handheld wet and dry. There are plenty of vacuums now that tackle both wet and dry messes, so make sure to think about what it is you are looking to clean up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I look for when buying a wet/dry Vac?
The main things you want to look at when you’re considering investing in a wet/dry vacuum is the storage tank, the hose, and if it’s large- wheels and a carry handle.
But, when it comes to performance the main things you need to consider from a wet/dry vacuum are capacity and power.
How do I vacuum my vehicle like a pro?
If you want to get a professional cleaner look yourself, without having to pay the price of going to a professional cleaning service.
Then, you want to take out any mats or removable materials in the vehicle and shake off the dirt, then vacuum them and give them a wash if they are washable.
Once you’ve dealt with the removable items, go over the interior with a suitable and quality vacuum.
Don’t forget to declutter and give the dashboard and buttons a once-over too.